Saturday, September 23, 2017

Author Shares Spiritual Challenges and Wisdom About Christian Confrontations in Face Your Foe: On Confronting the Critics

"The moment I made my announcement to follow Jesus back in 1997 (then later rededicated my life after a couple of miserable relationships), the interference of the demonic paranormal was at work touching those around me who were spiritually weak, unsaved and backsliders in my social circle to break me down whether psychically, behind my back or to my face. God’s enemies were also my foes. Little did I know that I would spend a future of fighting spiritual battles (with the Creator’s guidance, of course) with people I least suspected.


Nicholl McGuire, Author of Face Your Foe: On Confronting the Critics
and Know Your Enemy The Christian's Critic


Soon to follow would be cynical questions, harsh criticisms, lies, and unhelpful statements. Just as Jesus was questioned by his enemies (see the books of John and Luke), I being his child would experience similar confrontations. “Jesus didn't tell you that…God wouldn't have you do that. You are not a Christian…Now explain to me why you did what you did again? You really think God put you up to that?” my foes wanted explanations, information to use against me, and other things that had little to do with God and everything to do with them.
The accusations they made, which I knew were influenced by Satan, hurt much. The mean words were from those I thought loved me. Their harsh statements were not meant to support me on anything related to God’s will, but to discourage my wanting to do more with my life which was to become a better person. “But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6, ESV).
Satan was using some backsliding relatives, unbelieving acquaintances and former friends to put pressure on me to renounce my faith in God and go back to walking on the dark side. Some said things like, “You don't want to be like (Christians). You know how they are in the church--that's why I don't go. You can talk to me about things without mentioning God or Jesus.” By dissuading me not to follow the Father, they would not have to feel convicted around me to change their dark ways of thinking and their lifestyles too.
When I was in love with the world, I recalled that the sincere Christ followers were not the kind of people you could sit comfortably around while justifying personal sins. They would call you out on your foolishness, but no so with the wayward. They were very supportive when it came to sinning, because they knew what they had done and were still doing. The popular response to sin from them was, “I’m not going to judge you.” But I knew that teaching or warning people not to fall in a trap was definitely not judging them. I learned early on that the hypocrites liked words such as: “wise, righteous, God, and Jesus,” but they weren’t much interested in following him or his precepts.
After turning my life over to the Savior, critics would mouth "you call yourself a Christian" when I spoke truth about something they preferred to believe lies about. It didn’t matter what the news or the kind of truth or how I delivered it, if it was good, righteous and convicting, many backsliders and believers found fault with it or blatantly didn’t want to hear it.
Due to my faith and past disputes, I noticed during the early days of my walk, that I no longer had access to some people’s ears or their environments. There was no reaching a compromise with people who were passionate about their unbelief in an unseen “force” or other names they referred to God as like “it,” “ghost,” “thing,” “voice,” “something said,” “man upstairs” or “god” (but not the Almighty--some other god). Our relationships were forever changed when I said, “Yes” to Jesus and “No more” to Satan.
Frustrated faces that were deeply offended by me and my God just didn't want me talking about Him or His truth. “He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it” (Titus 1:9, ESV). From revelations regarding deceptive worldly news to manipulative behaviors of others, I with a journalism and communications background was not well-received.
Some people rejected the truth about the existence of Satan's minions (primarily beloved entertainers, leaders, family members, civic connections, etc.) in all sorts of industries. In addition, they didn’t want to think about how they were in error and their self-righteous concepts were simply not beneficial to the masses. Satan’s minions were enablers, backsliders, liars, cheating spouses, argumentative, mentally ill, and so-called believers in Christ. They were (and some still are) a defensive, arrogant, and profane, unbelieving bunch.
Like with so many zealous, new believers, during the early days of receiving Christ into my heart, I couldn't help but want to talk about the Bible, God, and other spiritual signs, wonders and miracles. Although I am not as zealous as the new babe in Christ I once was, as a mature believer, I still very much talk about righteousness, sin, God and other related things both on and off the Internet. I do not consider myself religious, but spiritual and I am not in agreement or supportive of lukewarm churches either. I prefer to meet with veteran believers who are out in the field doing what they are called to do while actively working outside of boxes. We were never meant to stay in the church for the rest of our lives! There are lost, confused, and desperate people who you won’t find going to any churches, so we as believers meet the people where they are! My love for Jesus and the hurting and wounded has not changed!" 

Book excerpt taken from Face Your Foe: On Confronting the Critics by Nicholl McGuire

Receive your copy from here: Barnes & Noble

Learn more about author here: Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

about us abusers abusive people and groups accidents addicts adultery African Americans aging anger angry animation anxiety arguments arrogance atheists attention hogs backsliders bad ministers baptism behavior believers belittling people bible Bible study biblical color meanings blame blessing blog owner blunt people books braggarts bullies business busybodies celebrities children christian bible study christian comedy Christian conflict christian confrontations christian media Christian music Christian resources Christian support christian tools christmas church church clothes church conflict church staff churches communication condescending people confession conflict confrontation consciousness controlling people conviction criticism critics cults cursing dating death deceased people deception defensive people deliverance ministries demon possession demonic spirits denial depression despair devil difficult people discouraged disinformation agents disobeying God distant people distractions divorce domestic violence double-minded drama easter education elders emotional abuse empathy employers encouragement enemies enemy schemes entitlement eternity evil ex spouse exaggerator failure faith false Holy Ghost false teachings family fathers fault finder fear fiendships fighting finances fool foolish forgiveness fraternities frustration gay christian generational curses gift shop gift-giving gods gossips gullible people hate healing health hebrew israelites hell holidays homosexuals and lesbians idolatry illness immature christians incest infidelity israel jealousy Jehovah witnesses Jesus Jesus is the Son of God judge Joe brown know your enemy the christian's critic know-it-all laziness leadership liars lies life challenges loneliness loss lover of self loving and obeying God manipulative fathers manipulative mothers manipulative spouses marriage maturity meditation music mental health mental illness mercy mind control misery missions money morals Mormon church movements music muslim narcissists nations needy family members negative people new Christians new years day news media obedience occult groups offended oppressed oppressors pagan holidays pain paranoia paranormal parenting pastor personality disorders pervert physically abused playing god poetry politics prayer prayers prideful problems procrastination promise prophecy prophets protests psalm 25 psalm 36 psychopaths quiet racism rebel reconciliation rejection relationship relatives religion repentance righteous rumors of war salvation santa Satan satanist saved people scandalous women secret societies secrets self defeat self improvement self righteous self-esteem selfish sex sex abuse sexually immoral sin social media sociopaths sorcerer sororities spiritual abuse spiritual advice spiritual blindness spiritual discernment spiritual growth spiritual oppression spiritual schizophrenia spiritual warfare spirituality spousal abuse stealing stingy people stinky people stress suffering suicide survival tips symbols talk too much temptation tempter testimony The Book Face Your Foe by Nicholl McGuire theft therapy thief thieves Torah toxic family members traditions trials trouble-maker true Holy Ghost truth unbelievers unexpected arguments unforgiving friends unloved unsaved people warring spirits wayward Christians wicked people wisdom witchcraft witnessing workplace yoga YouTube zealous christians